- Stay Informed
- Review white papers, case studies and reports
- Collaborate with other like-minded professionals
Code of Conduct for Members
1.2 The Website is owned and administered by Carbon Table Limited (who and whose successors and assignees, and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents shall be known as "the Website Owner").
1.3 Each Member must comply and adhere to this Code in order to access and use the Website or participate in any discussion group on the Website which contains detailed information on Member's management practices
1.4 Each Member will be given a unique password and logon ID in order that they may log-on to restricted areas of the Website which may, for the purpose of security, be monitored and tracked by the Website Owner. The Website Owner reserves the right to check the identity of Members before a logon ID is given for any Member participating in Carbon Table forum activities. At the annual renewal of membership, the Website Owner further reserves the right to check that each logon ID remains associated with a current Member.
1.5 In order to use and participate in this Website, all Members must accept this Code by clicking the "I accept" button at the end of this Policy presented to them after they enter their password and logon ID for the first time.
2. Basic Requirements
2.1 Each Member and any material which he/she posts onto the Website or to its discussion groups or any material which a Member provides to the Website Owner for use on the Website ("Material") must comply with the following basic standards:
2.2 all information and activities must be accurate, legal, decent and honest (in terms of United Kingdom law and standards)
2.3 UK data protection legislation must be adhered to in order that the collection of personal data is not traded or disclosed illegally and
2.4 all other applicable laws and regulations which come into force from time to time, including those notified to Members directly and/or on this Website, must be adhered to.
2.5 Each Member acknowledges that they are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which they access the Website.
3. Specific Responsibilities of Subscribers
3.1 In order to access and use the Carbon Table forum', 'Document Library' and/or 'Performance' services (the "Services"), each subscriber to the Services (each "Subscriber") must ensure that Members authorised by it comply and adhere to this Code.
3.2 Each Subscriber shall use all reasonable endeavours to procure that any Material acquired by its authorised Members from another Subscriber's authorised Members is used solely for its own internal purposes and is not used to the detriment of the Website Owner.
3.3 Should any Subscriber become aware that any Member authorised by it to use the Services has ceased or is about to cease to be authorised (by reason of termination of that Member's employment with the Subscriber or otherwise) then the Subscriber shall immediately notify the Website Owner to enable the Website Owner to cancel the relevant Member's logon ID and password.
3.4 Use of Carbon Table.com by any user after the subscription renewal date will act to confirm the renewal of the subscription and payment of the invoice will be expected within the appropriate period.
4. Specific Responsibilities of Members
4.1 Each Member is solely responsible for the accuracy, legality, currency and compliance of its own Material and will be solely liable for false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing or other actionable material contained or referred to therein.
4.2 Each Member is solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of its unique password, and for its use. Should any Member suspect that his/her logon ID and password are being used in an unauthorised manner, he/she shall immediately contact the Website Owner and shall thereafter be issued with a new password. As traffic on this Website may be monitored, evidence of use of logon IDs and passwords may be produced to support or defend any dispute or actionable cause or matter which arises in relation to the same.
4.3 Where Members collaborate with one another as a result of use of this Website or the Services, they do so as independent contracting parties. Members acknowledge that the Website Owner will not in any way be construed as a party to such collaboration nor be liable nor responsible in any way for the dealings of such collaboration or the parties to such collaboration.
4.4 Members are permitted to use and reproduce Materials or other Website content (including but not limited to the Performance Tables) solely for the internal purposes of the relevant Subscriber: external use of Materials or other Website content is only permitted with prior written consent from the Website Owner.
4.5 Use of Carbon Table by a user after they have left the employment of a subscribing company is prohibited.
5. Responsibilities of the Website Owner
5.1 The Website Owner will manage and oversee the Website ' and will also be responsible for administering the Complaints and Sanctions Procedure specified in clause 6 below.
6. Complaints and Sanctions Procedure
6.1 The Services are self-regulatory facilities for Members only and any complaint by a Member will, in the first instance, be referred to the Website Owner, who shall have all the powers of an arbiter.
6.2 The Website Owner will deal with complaints expeditiously and where necessary, call upon evidence of the relevant Members in dispute.
6.3 Sanctions available to the Website Owner will include the following:
6.3.1 suspending or expelling the guilty Member for up to 3 years
6.3.2 referring the matter to the appropriate law enforcement agency, where the dispute is of a criminal or illegal nature or
6.3.3 referring the matter to a court of competent jurisdiction if the dispute necessitates the same (e.g. requires an interdict/injunction, seizure or similar judicial measure).
7. Documents, Policies Standards, Guidelines & Performance Tables
7.1 Where a Member provides a document for reproduction in the 'Document Library / archive' ' sections of the website, such Member shall procure that they have obtained the necessary consents in relation to the release of the documents on the Website and where necessary, have informed the Website Owner if access to the document is required to be restricted by use of a password.
7.2 Subject as otherwise agreed between the Website Owner and each Member, each Member shall grant a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide licence to the Website Owner to reproduce, for the benefit of other Members, any Material posted by such Member on the Website, which shall include a right to grant sublicenses to other Members permitting such other Members to use the Material for the other Members' own internal purposes. Members (or ex-Members) who wish Material posted by them to be removed from the Website must submit a written request to the Website Operator specifying the title of the documents to be removed. Each Member waives any right to bring any claim or action against the Website Owner in relation to the continuing use by other Members of Material previously posted on the Website after that Material has been removed.
7.3 The web site owner is under no obligation to remove material supplied by a member if and when that subscriber chooses to stop being a member of Carbon Table.
8. Indemnity and Waiver
8.1 Each Member agrees to indemnify and keep indemnified the Website Owner, and the originator or provider of any information on the web site, from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, claims (including legal fees) resulting in any way from its use of and from any Material posted on this Website, 'Carbon Table or from any other matter relating to his/her participation herein including but not limited to use of the information contained on the Website, the Services or arising from any introduction or collaboration resulting therefrom or otherwise arising from using the Website.
8.2 Each Member waives any right to bring any claim or action against the Website Owners for any loss, damage or injury arising from use by that Member or a third party of the Website, the Services or any Material from the Website or from this Code.
9. Exclusion of Warranties and Liability
9.1 The Website Owner does not warrant the content, accuracy or veracity of any Material or other information on the Website, the responsibility for which rests with each of the Members as specified in clause 2 above.
9.2 Each Member accepts the Website "AS IS" with any faults or failings and without any representation, warranty or guarantee whatsoever, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of accuracy, completeness, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
9.3 In no event will the Website Owner be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damages or any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with any Member's access to, or use of the Website, any Material thereon or any goods, materials or services available there from, whether based in contract or delict and whether negligent or otherwise, even if the Website Owner has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In the event that this exclusion of liability is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, but that liability may be lawfully limited, the Website Owner's aggregate total liability to any Member for all such damages and losses shall be limited to the annual subscriber fee paid by the Member suffering loss.
10. Term and Termination
10.1 Each Member agrees to remain bound by this Code (as amended from time to time) for as long as they remain a Member of the Website and wishes to use the Website unless the Website Owner earlier terminates, suspends or otherwise limits access to the Website in accordance with clause 6 above or as it otherwise deems is appropriate.
10.2 If a member wishes to terminate their subscription, they must give 4 weeks written notice .Payment will be collected to the first full month end after this date, otherwise they are deemed to wish to continue their subscription and should pay any outstanding fees within thirty days of the invoice.
11. Copyright Complaints
11.1 As the Website Owner asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify the Website Owner via a written communication to the attention of "Copyright Infringement Notification" at firstname.lastname@example.org, registered office: Brodies LLP. 15 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 8HA, in accordance with Article 14 of the E-Commerce Directive, setting out (where possible): i) your identity; ii) how you have come to own the copyright in the material; and iii) details of the alleged infringement. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and legal fees) if you misrepresent that material is infringing your copyright.
11.2 The Website Owner will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
11.3 If a Member feels that material located on the Website by them, or linked to from the Website by them, does not constitute infringement, the Member may provide the Website Owner with a written communication to the attention of "Copyright Infringement Counter-Notification" at email@example.com, registered office: Brodies LLP. 15 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 8HA, setting out (where possible) why the material does not constitute infringement and/or how the Member has come to own the copyright in the material. The Member may be liable for damages (including costs and legal fees) if the Member misrepresents that the material is not infringing the copyrights of others.
11.4 The Website Owner will terminate a Member’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the Member is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of the Website Owner or others.
12. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
12.1 Each Member agrees that this Code and any dispute arising in any way in relation to the Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of Scotland ("the Applicable Law"). In the event of a dispute regarding the Code, each Member agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
13.1 In the event that any provision in this Code is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions which shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by the Applicable Law.
13.2 This Code represents the entire agreement between Member and the Website Owner relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understanding or agreements regarding the Website.
CARBON TABLE Limited
The privacy of our users is important to us and we take care to safeguard it. This policy explains how we use your personal information.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information, please contact us.
- Who we are
- references to "we" and "us" are to Carbon Table Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland (registered numberSC382634) and having our registered office at
- 15 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 8HA
- references to our "website" means www.Carbontable.com; and
- references to our "members' services" means "Carbontable.com", forum, blog "Document Library", and products and services
- What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc;
- information including the webpage which you came to our website from, the webpage you requested on our website, the browser you are using and your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet), which is automatically logged by our web server. This information is collected by our web host This information may be used by our web host to perform technical diagnosis of our web site's performance on a statistical basis and may be used by us to analyse interest in and patterns of usage of our website;
- your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive our monthly newsletter);
- any information submitted by you in connection with an application for membership of our website including any financial information provided to make payment for our services;
- any information or documents submitted by you in relation to our members' services.
A cookie is a small amount of data which is sent to your computer and then stored on your browser or hard disk.
More information about cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
- What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used to provide our members' services. The value of our members' services depends on the sharing of information between users of the website. Personal details provided by members of the website are viewable by other users of the site via our members list and through our members' services. Any information or documents supplied by you in relation to our members' services will also be accessible by other users of the site and attributed to you unless we have provided you with an option to restrict access to the information provided by you or to withhold your identity. Where these options have been provided we will respect your wishes and will not share information or identify you as the source of information without your permission. If you supply us with an e-mail address, information relating to our members' services may sometimes be sent to you at that address. Information provided by you in relation to our members' services may also be sent to other users of the members' services by e-mail.
Non-members using our website are allowed restricted access to our members' services. In some cases, the nature of these services means that we require personal details from you to enable you to use those services. In the course of using the services you may also be given the option to supply information or documents. If you choose to provide personal details, information or documents they will be used to provide the members' services on the same terms as set out for members of the site above.
We would also like to email our monthly Carbon Table newsletter to you. This includes news regarding our website which may be of interest to its users. If you wish to receive this, please tick the check box when entering your personal details. We have a firm commitment to protecting your privacy and security as our user. We are obliged by Data Protection legislation and current trade and legal precedents and policies to respect your wishes. You can at any time contact us at the address below and we will remove your personal data from any aspect of our marketing programme.
Data Protection legislation states that we must ensure that personal data held by us is accurate and up-to-date. Please help us to fulfil this obligation by informing us of any changes in your personal details by contacting us at the email or postal address below.
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how users use our site and issuing our e-mails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
We reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of our users or relating to our users. We will have no legal liability for such disclosures.
- Your rights
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at our customer services address in (2) below. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to comply with customer service obligations.
You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
- registered office at .>
- 15 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 8HA
Detailed information about your rights under Data Protection legislation can be found on the website of the United Kingdom Information Commissioner, the address of which is (as at the date of this policy) www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk. The telephone number of the Information Commissioner's Office is 01625 545 700, or (44) 1625 545 700 if phoning from outside the United Kingdom.
- OTHER WEBSITES
CARBON TABLE Limited
PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW CAREFULLY. THE USE OF THESE WORLD WIDE WEB PAGES OF CARBON TABLE Limited ("the Website Owner") IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THESE WEB PAGES, PLEASE LEAVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY. YOUR USE OF THESE WEB PAGES WILL BE DEEMED TO CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
THE WEBSITE OWNER RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO MODIFY, ALTER OR OTHERWISE UPDATE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ITS WEB PAGES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ANY SUCH MODIFICATIONS, ALTERATIONS OR UPDATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The copyright in material on these web pages is either owned by or licensed to the Website Owner and is protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom, international copyright treaties and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. You are entitled to copy this information for use by the business to which you belong but may not republish any such information for external use in any manner without the prior written consent of the Website Owner. Any unauthorised downloading, retransmission, or other copying or modification of any of the contents of any of these web pages may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by The Website Owner.
- ["CARBON TABLE" and the Carbon Table logo are trade marks owned by the Website Owner which may or may not be registered in the country from which you are accessing this website. In addition certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs for the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trade marks of the Website Owner. The display of any of the above trade names or trade marks on pages at this website does not imply that any licence has been granted to any third party to use the same. All other product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs referred to on the pages of this website are the trade marks of their respective owners and are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trade mark owners and the Website Owner intends no infringement of such trade marks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or other web pages on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by the Website Owner. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by the Website Owner.
- You may not create any link to any part of this website (other than to the home page at www.Carbon Table.co.uk without the Website Owner's prior written consent, nor may you restrict or inhibit the use of it by anyone else.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IMPORTANT: THIS CLAUSE 2 CONTAINS PROVISIONS WHICH RESTRICT THE EXTENT TO WHICH WE ARE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS YOU MAY SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY AND IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS, PLEASE LEAVE THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY.
- The information, materials and functions contained in the website including text, graphics, links or other items are provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law the Website Owner excludes all warranties, representations, understandings whatsoever, express or implied, specifically including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer viruses, and non-infringement of third parties' rights.
- The Website Owner shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever or for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage and computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of the use of this website and howsoever caused, even if the Website Owner shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Website Owner excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Website Owner disclaims all liability for its or its employees or sub-contractors' negligence.
- The Website Owner may include links from time to time from this website to other internet sites. The Website Owner has no control over the content of such sites and disclaim any liability in respect of your use of such sites. The provision by the Website Owner of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by the Website Owner to you to access materials held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by the Website Owner of the material held there.
- The Website Owner operates this website from a hosted service at Edinburgh, United Kingdom and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
- Every provision of this clause 13 excluding or limiting liability shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason any of these provisions is held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances, and shall remain in force notwithstanding the expiry or termination of this Agreement.
- CONTACT DETAILS
Carbon Table Limited
- 15 Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3 8HA
The Website Owner shall endeavour to respond to any communication received by them as quickly as they can.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
Does your business offer clean energy solutions? Join Carbon Table as a service provider.